Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wellington Crafters – Poppetto - My Craft 2.0 profile

Here is my profile for Craft 2.0 which is up on their blog - bit sad old photos were used, doesn't make my stuff look that great ... hrrumph, still I feel famous and very excited about Saturday :-)
I decided to remove the images from this.

Poppetto is new to Craft2.0 and you can expect Beautiful soft dolls, a variety of felt brooches, unique fridge magnets and other toys

PoppettoatIslandBay

what keeps you crafting, what is it about craft that means you just can’t not craft.
the feedback I receive about my stuff from people who buy on felt at craft fairs and my friends & family. I know my dolls are well played with and my brooches get worn and that’s what keeps me making them.

tell us the inspiration behind one of your latest creations, how did it come into being and what do you love about it
I have just started making cute felt cake toppers – these are a brand new item for me.

I am addicted to all things felt and my daughters birthday is coming up and I wanted something sweet to put on her cake but that could also be used as a wee party bag treat or a favour.

They’re easy to make and I will be selling them at a very reasonable price – I like to have things in all price ranges on my stall

Did you buy anything or swap anything at the last craft 2.0 and what was it?
I bought a gorgeous door snake from Kate Burgess and I love it and some lovely vintage cards & tags from Hotchpotch & Gruelboy.

I would be lost without my …..
trademe account

what is your favourite place to craft.
hand stitching brooches in front of the telly with a glass of wine – zoning out after my 3 year old daughter has gone to bed – oh ok I’ll admit to watching Corrie St, tragic but true.

what’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given as a crafter?
don’t price yourself out of the market – don’t sell too expensive and don’t sell too cheap – it’s a fine line! And a confusing one

are you launching anything special at Craft2.0?
I’m going to make a few limited edition dolls with cute accessories like bags, capes & quite possibly hats. I normally just sell with skirts or jeans but I love seeing how cute I can make them and I know kids love to dress them up.

what is your next project after craft2.0?
I’m helping to organise a small craft fair in Ngaio with a few crafty friends of mine – we really wanted a craft fair to happen in our neck of the woods for a change. It’ll be on 21 November.

what’s the best thing about being a crafter?
the thrill you get when someone buys one of your creations – every time it happens to me I feel like a little excited kid :-)

what fabric is most like you?
red polka dot cotton

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Jo! All the very best with the Ngaio craft fair too - I'm sure it will be a great success x

    ReplyDelete